Monday 6 May 2013

Yes...it was worth it!







Yep...I am feeling it all  -  gorgeous, intelligent, kind, sweet, charming, friendly...confident even...sensual even...well enough about me!

How are you?


And 'what has caused you to feel sooo amazing Di,'  I hear you ask?



 


Oh dear! I have had to work at it... last week I allowed myself to go into overwhelm. Heaps to do, heading of for a three day Toastmasters Convention...AND I COULD GET MOTIVATED!

Has that ever happened to you?

Here is a fair representation of yours truly last week. 





And there I was thinking, out loud...very out loud...I don't want to go! I am not organised! I will never be ready! I am not, am not, am not.....blah! blah! blah! 


I did not even get a blog post done!


Do you ever feel like that?





It happens to us all at some time...what is important is that we don't allow those feelings to take control and stop us from having a great time, doing what we love to do...and doing it in style!

What is it that lights your fire?
What gets you going...and motivated?
What do you feel passionate about?

Yes...for me it is Toastmasters...for you it will be something else...it does not matter what it is...just so long as you make the time to do it...and allow yourself to enjoy it...then relish to pleasure as a result.

 





By the time we were having dance and social time over the weekend...you could say I looked like this...



Yes ...I know...there I go taking literary license again...my imagination is soo, soo good!






I find when I make the effort, go the extra mile...and that starts with choosing the wardrobe.. and the shoes ( 8 pair)...and decide which knickers go with what, what jewellery goes with what...oops where was I?

Oh yes...make the effort, prepare, attend, participate, have fun, connect with friends...the result is worth it... massive motivation.

Tonight I admit there is a tinge of tiredness present...notice I did not mention sleep in any of my story!  


 



 
Tonight I rather look like this...










Yes, it was worth it...in answer to my question 'how are you?'
Can you answer - I feel gorgeous, intelligent, kind, sweet, charming, friendly...confident even...sensual even?
                                              
If yes... fantastic...I would love you to share you experience.

If not then I urge you to decide today to do something that lights your fire!












4 comments:

  1. I do feel guilty sometimes if a blogging drought occurs, but as a working single mother, sometimes I just have to prioritise....and get some sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohh Nicky how lovely of you to say that..why do we think we need permission to be human? Thanks you for your comment Di xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. OOhh thanks Maureen...perhaps it should permission to be sensible!

      Delete